Sunday, May 27, 2012

Impress everyone with this easy biscotti




1 stick butter, softened
2/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/3 c ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c slivered or sliced almonds

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture.
Add slivered almonds.
Batter will be a little sticky. dump onto a floured surface. Use floured hands to work with it. Divide into two balls. On parchment paper on a cookie sheet make 2 flat logs that are about 14" long by 4" wide.
Bake at 350 for 35 min. Let cool 10 min.
Slice into 1/2-3/4" wide biscotti. Lay all biscotti on one side and bake 10 min. Turn all biscotti onto other side and bake 10 min.

2 comments:

Creating for a Cure said...

Hello my Etsy friend. You have a terrific blog. Food and Crochet, two of my favorite things. And to see this delicious looking Biscotti on the first page was a sign of lots of good reading and fun as I follow your blog. I love Biscotti but have never tried to make it my self. I will be making these. As so as I make a batch I will post you a picture. So excited to try this. Sincerely, Debby Gibson

timary said...

Thanks, Debby! This poor little blog has been quite neglected! Time to get moving again, right? Enjoy the biscotti - they are sooo easy to make!