Saturday, July 5, 2008

Recycling Wool Sweaters by Unraveling Them


Many thanks to Ashley Martineau for her online recycled yarn tutorial. As usual, I am way behind the curve in trying new things, but this is something I am excited about. I have gotten more and more interested in recycling and upcycling as I find all the creative things that artists do with old and used materials. Just go to etsy.com and search on 'upcycle' to see what I mean. Repurposing all those old sweaters that would end up in landfills seems a very worthy effort indeed. This sweater pictured is a wool/alpaca blend and the yarn is slated to become a bowl (I am going to try a bigger one) and a set of wrist warmers.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

You are my hero (you know why...), and I think that will make a very pretty bowl, indeed!

:)