These felts eggs are easy to make and I'm pretty sure they are fun to play with.
- craft felt (a 12" x 9" square will yield 6 eggs and cost about 25 cents at the local big box store)
- polyfill for the stuffing
- embroidery thread and an embroidery needle
- three straight pins
- sewing scissors
- an egg template
For the template just trace an egg and then add 1/4" all the way around. You can also get find a free template here but you will need to reduce it to 75% the original size to get an egg that will fit in an egg case.
- Cut out the egg shapes using the template. I fold the felt in half, pin the template to the felt and then cut two egg shapes at once. Two pieces will make one egg.
- Whipstitch the two pieces together using the embroidery thread. I find that about a 30" length of embroidery thread is just about right length for me.
- Leave about a 1" gap on the bottom of the egg for turning it inside out.
- Turn the egg inside out.
- Stick your finger in the egg and push out the seam all the way around.
- Stuff with the polyfill nice and tight.
Now whipstitch the bottom of the egg closed. Have fun!